Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gumball Dispenser Options
cloud
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:17:46 PM
Groups: Member

I am looking for a gumball (machine) dispenser plan. I saw one with a sliding mechanism. But, I cannot remember where I saw it.I would appreciate any help.
mikeb
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 11:58:23 PM

Here is one you might like? I use it with my 6th grade students:
http://www2.nksd.net/education/components/album/default.php?sectiondetailid=10108
teacher196
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:39:14 PM

I got one, give me till this afternoon to get it posted. Used it with my 7th grade class and it worked pretty well. Did do one modifcation to it. The original link I found on a shopsmith site

Don
teacher196
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:22:43 PM

Here is the link that I used. Found a dimensioning mistake at first but I believe the guy has it corrected now on these drawings. I need to send him some pictures of the class and if I can get it figured out how to post them here. Good luck!

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=2295

Don
cloud
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:54:56 PM

I thank you very much.
Lionel
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:52:12 AM

Someone just asked me if I could make this in our shop. I think we may give it a go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSaGGtleqCo
swillner
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:03:16 AM

We make gumball/candy machines as a mass production unit in my 6th/7th/8th grade classes. The 8th graders set up and manage production and "hire" 6th and 7th grade classes as their labor force. At a teacher inservice last year my students taught the teachers how to run production during a two hour session. I set up the assembly line and made fixtures and jigs to build the machines with good accuracy. We are getting to run the same assembly line again this year. We are doing it as a collaborative project with the art classes and running the project as a fundraiser for art (I don't seem to have a problem with fundraiser, while they are struggling). The arts classes are designing the logo for packaging (we put labels on the machine and shrink wrap them), they are also going to be doing marketing and advertising. We are also having the media class produce commercials to broadcast on the school closed circuit TV station. When we get production set up I will take photos and post them.
cloud
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:01:45 PM

MikeB
Where did you obtain the (colored)canning lids? I could only find the metal ones.
mikeb
Posted: Sunday, May 9, 2010 11:48:42 AM

Plastic jars work best especially peanut butter ones. I was having to much breakage with glass canning jars so I decided to go plastic and drill a hole in the plastic lid. It works great and I don't have to worry about shattered glass.