Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

sawdust hopper Options
thibault
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 4:09:34 PM
Groups: Member

Our high school woodshop has a large sawdust hopper on a platform that is supported in part by a flat the roof. The roof needs to be repaired and the sawdust hopper is very old. Rather than place a new hopper on the new roof, the school district would like to have the sawdust hopper on the ground.

Do any of you have recommendations for companies that supply sawdust hoppers or thoughts about a hopper mounted on the ground? We are located in Santa Cruz, California. Should I tell the school district to consult a school architect firm to do the research?

woodnfire
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:32:41 PM
Groups: Member

Most companies (Murphy Rogers or Sternvent) can tell you what volume you will need based on equipment and length of ducting.
A automatic shaker is a good option that will improve collection. If you are going to have a return air make sure you check with your local fire department as code for these has become much more stringent. Since you are in Santa Cruz a return system may not be worth it.
Find one with enough room for a dumpster to collect the wood waste. I used to have one with barrels and my classroom recieved no custodial care and dumping the barrels was a bit of a chore.