Hosted by Woodcraft
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

I was asked to post this and thought their request was appropriate and might be of interest to group Options
Jack Grube
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:27:41 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

We are looking for school tech leaders to help us with product feedback on safety products we are developing targeted specifically for those in a shop teaching position.

Learning woodworking and metal working is a great asset for a student, however it comes with a great responsibility. It is up to a student to use equipment safely, even when not under supervision. This simple fact does not go away as we move away from the education space and into the work force.

My co-founder and I are engineers who have developed safety equipment for manufacturing. We have created a new product that is tailored for school shops. .

We are just starting out and looking for feedback on our product from those who we think it can benefit the most. If you wouldn't mind please check out our demo video. If you are then interested in a demo unit to try, please contact us at

sales@twohandsafety.com.

Here is a link to their video http://www.twohandsafety.com/demo/
RedOak1
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 4:04:54 PM
Groups: Member

It looks interesting but would definitely require good clamping or fixtures to be readily at hand. I just ordered a bunch of 4' T-track from OrangeAluminum.com (less than $9 apiece + shipping) and am wanting to try out the ShopFox cam clamps plus I'll try cutting some different styles on my ShopBot so if I can get things setup the way I want, these would be a great addition.
Jack Grube
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 6:35:45 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I saw Batavia, IL and wanted to respond. I attended NIU, student taught woodworking at Batavia High School with Nate Farnsworth in the mid 70's. Brought back memories.